The Spanish Teacher for MindSprout Montessori is a nurturing, intentional and empowering professional educator. The ideal candidate will be an experienced educator with a background in Spanish instruction, dedicated to fostering a positive and collaborative school community with a passionate commitment to education. This position is teaching two Spanish classes in the 2022-23 school year for homeschooled children: one for upper elementary students and one for middle school students. This is a beginning level class and curriculum will be provided for the courses.
The Spanish Teacher will:
● Perform their duties, enthusiastically, and satisfactorily at MindSprout Montessori during normal working hours on regularly scheduled school days, and at other times as specified below. The Spanish Teacher agrees to devote full time and attention during normal working hours to their duties as a teacher and staff member of MindSprout Montessori.
● Abide by all reasonable rules, regulations and policies set forth by MindSprout Montessori and shall comply with all relevant statutes, regulations and ordinances of the state of Texas.
● Adhere to all MindSprout Montessori guidelines and standards, for the purpose of maintaining excellence and a high degree of professionalism.
● Submit all employment onboarding documents required by MindSprout Montessori and the state of
Texas before the last day of the first 30 days of employment.
● Respect the self, respect others, and respect the overall environment.
Prepare and submit weekly lesson plans one week in advance
Follow provided curriculum with the ability to supplement as needed
Maintain a responsive, kind, and respectful classroom environment
Be an ambassador of MHS to our students, staff, and community at all times.
Come to each conversation in partnership and with a sense of purpose towards common goals.
Communicate openly, compassionately, and proactively.
This is a contract position and hours of work and days will vary based upon class scheduling. The position will be teaching enrichment classes, therefore expect 1-5 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Education and Experience
● Be able to read and write both Spanish and English fluently
● 1+ years working in an educational setting
● Ability to work collaboratively with staff to enhance whole school learning environment and community
● Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
● Commitment to professional development and best practices in education
● Commitment to meeting the needs of each child
● Teaching certificate
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorization to work in the United States is a pre-condition of employment at MindSprout Montessori.
MindSprout Montessori welcomes all students and families and does not discriminate in its hiring, admissions practices, or any other form of access on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, sex or disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
There isn’t one simple solution to reaching young minds. It takes a personal approach to spark a lifelong desire to learn. MindSprout Montessori understands there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all model for helping young children grow and develop a genuine passion for learning. We approach every student as an individual, and we develop lesson plans that cater to their learning style. We provide our students and their parents the tools to blossom and grow intellectually. Through tailored lesson plans and personal attention, we plant the seeds that sprout into a lifelong passion for learning.