The Summer Camp Teacher for MindSprout Montessori is a nurturing, intentional and empowering professional educator. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children, some college, and be dedicated to fostering a positive and collaborative school community with a passionate commitment to education.
MindSprout Summer Camp offers weekly, themed camps for children ages 4-8 and ages 9-12.
The Summer Camp Teacher will:
● Perform their duties, enthusiastically, and satisfactorily at MindSprout during normal working hours on regularly scheduled days, and at other times as specified below. The Summer Camp Teacher agrees to devote full time and attention during normal working hours to their duties as a teacher and staff member of MindSprout Montessori.
● Abide by all reasonable rules, regulations and policies set forth by MindSprout Montessori and shall comply with all relevant statutes, regulations and ordinances of the state of Texas.
● Adhere to all MindSprout Montessori guidelines and standards, for the purpose of maintaining excellence and a high degree of professionalism.
● Submit all employment onboarding documents required by MindSprout Montessori and the state of Texas before the last day of the first 30 days of employment.
● Respect the self, respect others, and respect the overall environment.
Summer Camp responsibilities:
Follow provided curriculum with the ability to supplement as needed
Maintain positive relationships with campers
Provide positive discipline and guidance to campers where necessary
Maintain an orderly, neat environment
Be punctual and dependable
Communicate openly, compassionately, and proactively.
This is a part time, seasonal position.
Hours of operation are 8am-5pm.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Education and Experience
● Some college
● 1+ years working with children
● Ability to work collaboratively with staff to enhance whole school learning environment and community
● Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
● Commitment to professional development and best practices in education
● Commitment to meeting the needs of each child
● 2+ years experience working with children
● Background in education
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorization to work in the United States is a pre-condition of employment at MindSprout Montessori.
MindSprout Montessori welcomes all students and families and does not discriminate in its hiring, admissions practices, or any other form of access on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, sex or disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
There isn’t one simple solution to reaching young minds. It takes a personal approach to spark a lifelong desire to learn. MindSprout Montessori understands there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all model for helping young children grow and develop a genuine passion for learning. We approach every student as an individual, and we develop lesson plans that cater to their learning style. We provide our students and their parents the tools to blossom and grow intellectually. Through tailored lesson plans and personal attention, we plant the seeds that sprout into a lifelong passion for learning.